How To Train Dogs To Not Bark At The Door
Some dogs are easily startled by loud noises such as a knock on the door or the doorbell itself.
How to train dogs to not bark at the door. Some dogs only bark at the door when they see someone passing by. Territorial barking is another major cause of dogs barking at the door. Dogs bark to defend their territory. After all for thousands of years humans have been selectively breeding dogs based off their ability to warn them if an intruder or dangerous animal is near.
Letting them continue to bark or even opening the doors or windows is rewarding them for the barking behavior. Pretend you re answering the door now here s one more way to train your dog not to bark at the door. To avoid barking and crazy behavior from your dog every time the doorbell rings you will want to train your dog to ignore the doorbell be calm when it rings and possibly to look for or perform another behavior other than barking. Repeat until he starts barking as soon as you say speak once your dog can reliably bark on command teach him the quiet command.
Let it spend a hour in a kennel or room alone and then spend thirty minutes with it. If possible when you dog barks at the neighbors bring them to another room and distract them. Teaching your dog to hush if he already barks. When he stops barking to sniff the treat praise him and give him the treat.
Block your dog s view out the door. Give your dog the command to speak wait for him to bark two or three times and then stick a tasty treat in front of his nose. An easy way to train a dog with your condition not to bark is to have a free day and have a schedule. If your dog already barks at the doorbell your options depend on the behavior s intensity.
How s it going or hey how are you and if your dog starts barking then start repeating the first step. If you have a door with windows in it block out the glass. In order to minimize this behavior and reduce your dog s focus on guarding make looking out the door impossible. Make a real conversation during this mock situation words like.
Do this at a constant pattern until the dog slowly stop barking when you leave it alone. Now let s move on to training your dog not to bark. Alternative behaviors might be to sit quietly look for a treat go to a mat or go to a crate.
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Los Angeles
- Beagle Puppies For Sale Kitchener
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Nj
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Nj By Owner
- Beagle Puppies For Sale Kellyville
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Wisconsin
- Beagle Puppies For Sale Kent Uk
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Kent Uk
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Virginia Beach
- Beagle Puppies For Sale Jacksonville Fl
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Zimbabwe
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Zanesville Ohio
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Mangalore
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Pittsburgh Pa
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Virginia Craigslist
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Lebanon Pa
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Northeast Pa
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Sandusky Ohio
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Johor Bahru
- Beagle Puppies For Sale In Marietta Ohio